One of my very favourite cuts! Why:
- I mean, come on, it's dang delicious!
- a set it and forget it type of meal - much easier to make than I ever dreamed
- it makes lots (think leftovers!)
- you can make a ton of stuff with the leftovers - nachos, tacos, sandwiches, breakfast skillets, pizza, chilli...
- did I mention you can't beat the smoky, juicy, fall apart tender, flavourful yummy-ness that is brisket?
Honestly if you have a smoker brisket is a no brainer purchase. But an oven or the slow cooker does the trick too! Cooked low and slow for hours, this tough cut of meat will soften and be fork tender at the end of the cook.
- Small - 2 to 4 lbs
- Medium - 4 to 6 lbs
- Large - 6 to 8.5 lbs